Ah, summer! Memorial Day marks the unofficial start, so it’s no wonder we have these lazy, hazy days on our mind.
Of course, summer is also a time when business can slow down or even dry up. What’s the perfect way to stop this from happening? By starting a small business referral program. It can be as big or as small as you want to make it, depending on your budget.
Here’s how it works.
- Create a target list of some of your happiest, most loyal customers.
- Order some bright-colored custom tote bags branded with your logo. Totes are perfect for people to bring with them to the beach, on a picnic, or on vacation. In essence, tote bags become a walking billboard for your company!
- Fill the bags with fun summery stuff (think lemonade mixes and drink ware, like personalized water bottles).
- Include five (or 10, 15, 20 – the number is up to you) pre-stamped postcards.
- Include a note that asks your customer to address the postcards and send to friends who might be interested in using your products or services.
- If the friend buys from you, he or she will get a discount, and your customer will get a discount on a future service/product from you.
It’s that simple.
Wondering what copy you’d use on the postcard? Here’s a template you can follow and customize:
- Front of the postcard: Have an eye-catching visual and compelling headline: “Awesome Company Has Made My Life Better. I’m Thinking It Might Do the Same for You!”
- Back of the postcard: Provide a brief offer: “Hi, there! I’ve used Awesome Company’s products/services, and they’re great. Interested in checking them out yourself? Mention my name and receive 10% off. For each new customer I send their way, I get a discount, too! It’s a win-win for everyone.”
Customize the text to reflect your business and your offer. You can create these postcards easily and economically using a company like 123Print.
What ways do you stay in front of your customers during slower months? Share in the comments.