You’ve worked hard at wooing the prospect and bam! He finally signed on the dotted line. Congrats to you! Now, do you really want to stand out in this new client’s mind? Send a thank you gift.
New business gifts are a nice, classy touch. They show you appreciate the person’s business and that you care enough to take the time to say thanks. These gifts needn’t be lavish – remember, it’s the thought that counts.
1. Personalized water bottles. Send some personalized water bottles with a case of water and a note that says something like “Water is the source of life, and clients like you are the source of great business relationships. Thank you and welcome aboard.”
2. Corporate gift baskets/gift sets. Whether you want to give a customized tin of chocolate chip cookies or send a thank you along with a chocolate business card, the choice is yours and the ideas are endless.
3. Custom USB drive pens. This is a cool and useful gift for clients. Send a cute message along with it like, “This is a two-for-one gift: a great pen and a great USB drive. We think it reflects the two-for-one gift you’ve given us: a great company to work with and a company filled with great people like yourself.” (Adjust the wording as you go, but you get the idea.)
4. Terrific trio gift sampler tower. Send a tower of three boxes filled with custom food products like yummy chocolates, cashews, and dried fruit mix. Always a crowd pleaser and a great way to say, “We really appreciate your business.”
5. Custom USB drives. If the flash drive pens we mention above don’t do it for you, there are many other options when it comes to custom USB drives. Go the extra mile and encourage people to plug it into their PCs and check out the message within. You could include a video greeting personally thanking the client for his or her business. (This is especially impressive from tech-related companies, like web developers, small business IT support, and SEO copywriters/marketers.)
Be on the lookout for part 2 in this series – gifts for long-time customers – in April.
How do you thank new clients? Share in the comments.