Recently, I read a few interesting articles that the Promotional Products Association International (PPAI) has published. They conducted a study to determine which marketing vehicle ranked highest in terms of reach, recall, and reaction from the consumer’s perspective. The types of marketing vehicles included TV Commercials, Print Advertising, Online Advertising and Promotional Products.
1,005 randomly selected participants responded to a number of questions in regards to different types of advertising media. For all of the small business owners out there, here are a few statistics from the study1 to consider when investing in any sort of advertising initiatives for your business:
- 83% of consumers reported that they like receiving Promotional Products.
- 41% of consumers do not pay attention to TV Commercials.
- 51% of consumers report that they skip over Print Ads.
- 95% of consumers ignore Online Advertising.
In summary, promotional products resulted in greater action/reaction than TV, print and online advertising.
Some key points to consider when choosing the most effective promotional product for your business:
- Usefulness is key! 69% of consumers keep the promotional product if they have a use for it.
- Include an advertising message! 83% of consumers like receiving a promotional product with an advertising message.
- Pens are always a safe choice! 84% of consumers recall receiving a personalized pen.
—By Jyll Carota